Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A special day

I haven't written in this since November of last year. No one really knew why Mark and I just stopped writing unfortunately. The reason was that was the time that we had to go through some of the recovery just between the two of us. I'm not sure how many people will read this now but I wanted to at least put a note out here on such a special day.

Today is 1 year since Mark's surgery. What a day that was. I lost my husband and got him back all in the same day. It has been tough this past year but I can tell you that he is doing amazing. The tough parts were the days that he felt fuzzy or unsure of his own mind. He would have emotional swings with no warning which were hard. I didn't always my patience-hat on and I sometimes struggled to understand how he felt.

The truth is this experience has helped us become better people, better partners and better parents. We are in constant amazement of our lives and our children. We don't take today for granted because today is precious. We are one step away from true heaven at all times these days. It is a feeling of pure contentment, happiness and love. I can't believe it most of the time. I never knew I could be so happy!!

Mark will continue to recover for at least another year but we know that things are on the uphill swing for us today. On our one year anniversary, thank you again for everyone who helped our little family. We know of no way to ever repay your kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment