Sunday, October 24, 2010

Down and up

What a weekend! I woke up Friday with a fever and a horrific sore throat. I went to work anyway but they sent me home (mercifully). Not only did my throat hurt, I felt like I couldn't move because I was so wiped out. I slept most of the rest of Friday. I finally got a big hunk of junk out of my throat and I felt a ton better. I think I need to talk to my family doctor about having my adnoids removed. I know for a fact that part of my throat is where the junk sits until I can get it moved out.

Anyway, Saturday was a nice evening out with the neighbors and today has been rather uneventful. I got the kids out of the house this morning so Mark could work on his paper. I took the kids to a local restaurant known for its home cooking and its pies - Granny Shafers. We'd never been there before but holy crap their pancakes are HUGE! So that was fun and the kids were really good.

Tonight was a trip down memory lane. I was printing out some photos for a relative and I was looking at movies that were stored on the computer. These were all of Lizze (pre-William). They were just amazing. There were videos of her crawling and beginning to walk. She was so smart - even at 8 months old. I may be a tad biased but she is also one of the most beautiful babies ever created. It was just incredible to watch those videos and to remember that she was once that tiny. Now she is a big girl who loves (and I mean LOVES) to play Battleship on my iPod.

So right now I'm once again grateful to be a mommy and madly in love with my children. Not that I wasn't before but its just nice to get a fresh wave of strong emotion (like the kind you get when they are born).

No comments:

Post a Comment