Sunday, August 30, 2009

Not so bad..

Today was a good day! Mark had a wonderful idea to go to the Tulsa Aquarium this morning out of the blue. We normally don't just go and do stuff like that.. today was fun. William got scared a lot of the time - especially of the sharks. Then he would want to 'pet it' with stuff like piranhas. He clung to me all day which was really snuggly for me but at the same time, tiring as crap on my arm. Elizabeth was a lot more brave and walked around looking at everything. She touched the starfish and probably would have touched a stingray if we had gotten there at the right time.

I am constantly amazed at my husband. I definetly got a good one... on the way home, the kids were falling asleep which was good but Elizabeth's seat isn't that great for napping like William's chair. So Mark hops in the back in a rather uncomfortable position just so she could nap on his lap and be comfortable. I don't think a lot of dads would do that for 2 hours and then hold the sauce while their daughter ate her lunch afterwards. He is such a wonderful father.

I worked out on our new treadmill tonight. It was super-expensive but it is the quality we were looking for. I feel good but I also realize how I've been lazy these last few months. Not making excuses but the gym we belong too also got so crowded it was ridiculous. We are such homebodies that staying at our house in our basement with our equipment is exactly what makes Mark and I happy.

So tomorrow starts a very fast stretch of days. Mark is reading up on astrocytomas again so it is kind of killing my good mood. I'll stop now because this is just going to go downhill.

No comments:

Post a Comment