Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tough

Its hard to go to work tomorrow. I know that everyone has the same 'what happened' question on their mind. Unfortunately not a lot of people at work get my emails or read my blog. It is probably natural but I have no real desire to talk to anyone about this right now. Mainly because everyone has the same questions that we do and I still have no answers. It gets old and it makes me want to avoid talking to anyone.

So how are we doing - that is what everyone wants to know. We are living. Still the only thing that has changed for us from a month ago is that we know. Nothing else is different physically, we are still here. We still do our chores and play with our kids and go to our jobs.

It's tempting to be a smartass about it sometimes. Probably using humor as a defense mechanism. I guess I should feel blessed that Mark and I get this time to prepare. People leave thier homes every day and something tragic happens. Lots of people would kill to get this chance to get 'prepared'. Not that Mark will not be here soon, but the reality is this is brain surgery. Its no joke and its not small potatoes. So.. since I have this time to 'prepare', I have a lot of time to think about things. Bottom line - there is no 'prepared'.

Also - the kids have to go back to the daycare lady tomorrow that I'm not exactly thrilled with. When the heat index is over 100 degrees, I don't believe the children should be outside. They are under huge shade trees that cover the yard but it is still hot. They have an old house though so they don't have air conditioning.. not sure which is worse.

2 comments:

  1. If you aren't satisfied with the daycare then why do you continue to take your kids there?? Plus their house does have air conditioning for your information. Maybe you should talk to the daycare before plastering inaccurate facts on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unreal that someone is so cold hearted that they would post something nasty like this for Lori to deal with this week of all weeks!! Unfortunately, people never cease to amaze me with what they are capable of....seriously???

    ReplyDelete