Okay I've had a big attitude adjustment. I just went through a near-death experience with my husband and made it through. During that time, my love and devotion for my husband was solidified and stronger than ever. I got a tough break at work and my situation will be a challenge but the bottom line - it is just work. My true life is not my job. My children are wonderful as anyone who saw the pictures I sent out knows. My husband is the best and is going to live. Those are the important things.
Mark and I have talked at length about all of this. There are several things that have happened - 1. my confidence in myself has been shaken. Well I'll just have to fight back and keep doing what I do. 2. I've been slapped in the face with reality. Mark and I want to make this our home and that means focusing on getting our children involved and ourselves in activities.
Mark and I have been always focused on our jobs becuase that is life in the Navy. Your entire existence revolves around the Navy. We haven't shifted that idea yet. Mark has done a better job of it than I have becuase of the jobs he's had. He has been in positions that he doesn't have to bring home at the end of the day. My job is more 24-7 support. That doesn't mean it is my entire world though.
So last night I slept.. it may have been becuase of feeling better about life or becuase I was so exhausted - either way, don't care. Mark and I got a babysitter last night but we were so tired we came home 2 hours later. We went out for dinner at one of my favorite restaurants and picked out some Halloween costumes for a party then walked around. That was about all we could do..
The weather should be much better starting today. I am going to take the kiddos outside and let them play on the clubhouse for a while.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Loved the picasa album! Thankyou! While watching it I realized how much I missed you all! :-( Anyway, Mark looks good! The kids look happy, and you are absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAs for your last few posts... I'm not gonna try to analize your dreams really, but, well, maybe I am... hehehe... Maybe your missing something for your uniform means you may be missing something for your career... like maybe a college course? Something in the management catagory, or??? Maybe whatever it was that you didn't have that made them pass you over this time. Just a suggestion, but you may want to look into it. And, when you find the time to do that you could also figure out how to bring down the national debt?? Hahaha!
Miss you!
Pam (and Todd)