I just got back from taking Mark's parents to the airport. It was good to have them here. They didn't feel like they did much while they were here - just hung out with Mark all week. That was perfect though becuase then I could focus on work this past week when I went back. Had they not been here, I would have panicked and called and come home to check on him. The first bit of time back from an absence is always overwhelming a little to get caught up and with stressing about Mark, I would have been completely swamped. As it was, I could really focus on getting my feet under me again and now I'm in a good place. Ask me about it next week and I'll probably deny I said that.
We are now without company and back to our little family. Although I will say that our little family has a lot of extensions to it after this adventure. I know there are good people in the world out there and if I need anything, there are plenty of hands waiting.
Mark is doing well. He has been out walking which is helping him feel better. We don't want to overdo it but he is ramping up his activities. This morning he got up and had breakfast with the kids without me! He told me to go back ot bed!
I think the leg pain will go away, it will just take time. Mark never had back problems before and this is purely a nerve issue not related (directly) to the cutting in his head. Now the only thing that might not go away is his left eyelid and eyebrow droop a little. That may be permanent but he can see out of the eye and it really isn't that noticeable. If that is what we end up with, then kudos.
So although we are alone at this point, I really don't feel that alone. Thank you for that.
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment